CompEx Training Electrical
CompEx Training Audience.
CompEx training is aimed at competent electrical and instrumentation personnel. These personnel are involved in the selection, installation, inspection and maintenance of electrical or instrumentation equipment. This equipment is used in potentially hazardous and explosive atmospheres which can occur in working environments both onshore and offshore.
CompEx Training Objectives.
The objective of CompEx training is to deliver competence based training and assessment. Competency is focused on the selection and use of electrical apparatus in potentially explosive atmospheres. CompEx training helps organisations comply with the Electricity at Work Act, 1989, regulation 16.
Specifically CompEx training will cover the following elements.
- Area Classification and Zoning.
- Gas Groups.
- Temperature Classification.
- Sources of Ignition.
- IP Ratings and Impact Protection.
- Marking and Identification.
- Earthing and Bonding.
- Protection Methods in Detail.
- Wiring systems and Glanding.
- Permit to Work and other Documentation.
- Electrical Isolations.
- Installation, Maintenance, Inspection and Testing.
CompEx Training Delivery.
CompEx training is delivered as 50% theoretical and 50% practical. Training includes teaching aids, questionnaires and national competency assessment.
Assessment includes the following four units.
- EX01 Preparation and Installation of EEx’d’ ‘e’ ‘n’ and ‘p’ Systems.
- EX02 Inspection and Maintenance of EEx’d’ ‘e’ ‘n’ and ‘p’ Systems.
- EX03 Preparation and Installation of EEx’I’a and EEx’I’b Systems.
- EX04 Inspection and Maintenance of EEx’I’a and EEx’I’b Systems.
- On-Line Examination.
CompEx Training Certification.
The Course duration is five days.
Course cost for Full Course is £910.00 plus VAT per delegate and the Refresher is £520 plus VAT.
The course is delivered at our training centre. The address is New Horizons House, New Bridge Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 4LT.
The maximum number of delegates per course is eight.
Each delegate will require the following Personal protective equipment (PPE). Overalls, safety boots or shoes and safety glasses.
Open courses are also available, please call for scheduled dates and cost. To find out more about CompEx training read our “What is CompEx Training” guide.
2020 Available Training Dates
- 17th-21st February
- 9th-13th March
- 23rd-27th March
- 30th-3rd April
- 20th-24th April
- 11th-15th May
- 18th-22nd May
- 8th-12th June
- 22nd-26th June
- 14th-16th January
- 28th-30th January
- 11th-13th February
- 3rd-5th March
- 17th-19th March
- 7th-9th April
- 28th-30th April
- 5th-7th May
- 26th-28th May
- 2nd-4th June
- 16th-18th June