CompEx Foundation Course Audience:
People who are NOT maintaining equipment in Hazardous Areas but require sufficient knowledge to supervise maintenance personnel or operate equipment associated with flammable liquids or dust i.e. Maintenance Supervisors, Planners, Engineers, Managers and Process Operators.
CompEx Foundation Objectives:
To deliver competence based training and assessment in the selection and maintenance of Electrical, Instrumentation and Mechanical equipment. To comply with Electrical at Work Regulations, ATEX directives and Dangerous Substance in Explosive Atmosphere Regulations.
Specifically, the course will cover:
- Area Classification and Zoning.
- Gas Groups.
- Temperature Classification.
- Sources of Ignition.
- IP Ratings and Impact Protection.
- Marking and Identification.
- Earthing and Bonding.
- Protection Methods in detail.
- Wiring Systems and Glanding.
- Permit to Work and other Documentation.
- Electrical Isolations.
- Installation, Maintenance, Inspection & Testing
Certification: CompEx Foundation Course of Hazardous Awareness
Classroom based theory and online multi choice questions.
CompEx – UKAS accredited National Certificate of Core Competence
£425 + vat per delegate
New Horizons House – Training Centre, Ellesmere Port
Up to 10 delegates per course