Competent Electrical and/or Instrumentation personnel involved in the selection, installation, inspection and maintenance of Electrical/ Instrument equipment for use in Hazardous Areas.
Currently CompEx certified for units Ex01 to Ex04 and whose certificate has not expired.
To ensure continued competence, via theoretical and practical based training and assessment, in accordance with the Electricity at Work regulations 1989, ATEX Directives, National and International Standards and DSEAR (Dangerous Substances & Explosive Atmospheres Regulations)
Specifically, the course will cover:
- Area classification and zoning.
- Equipment groups and gas sub-divisions.
- Temperature classification.
- Sources of ignition.
- IP Ratings and Impact Protection.
- Marking and Identification.
- Earthing and Bonding.
- Protection methods in detail.
- Wiring systems and glanding.
- Permit to Work and other documentation.
- Electrical Isolations.
- Installation, Maintenance, Testing & ATEX Inspections.
- Theoretical and Practical, teaching aids & practice/revision tests.
- EX01R – practical Glanding Exercise.
- EX02R – practical ATEX inspection: Ex’d’ ‘e’ and ‘n’ installation..
- EX04R – practical ATEX inspection: Intrinsic Safety: Exi..
- Ex01R/Ex03R – online selection & installation: Exd,e, n & i.
- Ex01R to Ex04R – online Multiple Choice Test.
CompEx – UKAS accredited National Certificate of Core Competence
£520 + vat per delegate
New Horizons House – Training Centre, Ellesmere Port
Up to 8 delegates per course
Overalls and safety footwear