This qualification is suitable for electrical or instrumentation technicians who are new to working in hazardous areas who wish to develop their knowledge of working safely in hazardous areas.
To deliver competence based training and assessment in the selection and maintenance of Electrical, Instrumentation and Mechanical equipment. To comply with Electrical at Work Regulations, ATEX directives and Dangerous Substance in Explosive Atmosphere Regulations.
Specifically, the course will cover:
- Area Classification and Zoning.
- Gas Groups.
- Temperature Classification.
- Sources of Ignition.
- IP Ratings and Impact Protection.
- Marking and Identification.
- Earthing and Bonding.
- Protection Methods in detail.
- Wiring Systems and Glanding.
- Permit to Work and other Documentation.
- Electrical Isolations.
- Installation, Maintenance, Inspection & Testing.
Classroom based theory, practical glanding exercise and online multi choice questions.
CompEx – Foundation Plus Course of Hazardous Awareness.
£510 + vat per delegate.
New Horizons House – Training Centre, Ellesmere Port.
Up to 9 delegates per course.
Overalls and safety footwear.