This qualification is suitable for aspiring or practising design engineers who have experience of selecting certified Ex equipment for Installations in locations where gases & vapours / Combustible Dusts can potentially create a hazardous environment.
To deliver competence based training and assessment in the design and selection of Electrical, Instrumentation and Mechanical equipment. To comply with Electrical at Work Regulations, ATEX directives and Dangerous Substance in Explosive Atmosphere Regulations.
Specifically, the course will cover:
- Standards and Legislation.
- Explosive atmospheres.
- Temperature Classification and Gas groups.
- Area Classification.
- Sources of Ignition.
- Equipment marking and selection.
- Protection Methods in detail.
- Wiring Systems, glanding and cable calculations.
- Safe working practices.
- Installation, Maintenance, Inspection & Testing.
Classroom based theory and assessments.
CompEx – UKAS accredited National Certificate of Core Competence.
£1750 + vat per delegate.
New Horizons House – Training Centre, Ellesmere Port.
Up to 10 delegates per course.