City & Guilds 2391-52 Inspection & Testing
Aimed at: Anybody involved in initial verification and periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations (TTE is aiming the course towards commercial and industrial installations but not precluding domestic).
Course entry requirements: Must be a fully qualified, experienced and competent electrician, and have the 18th edition qualification.
Method: A series of lectures, discussions, demonstrations and practice on the requirements and techniques required for inspection and testing of installations, based on GN 3 of BS 7671. Guidance and practice on efficient exam question answering.
Course resources required: Tools and test equipment is available but preferable to bring your own.
- Statutory requirements of Electricity at Work Regulations for initial verification and periodic inspection and testing.
- Implications of non-compliance.
- Safe systems of work, including isolation procedures and working near live.
- Requirements of BS 7671 2018 and revision of changes.
- Pre-inspection/testing requirements (competence, extent and limitations, information).
- Inspection schedule and practice for initial verification.
- Inspection schedule and practice for industrial periodic reporting.
- Observations reporting (codes).
- Test equipment requirements.
- Testing sequence, techniques and practice.
- Interpretation of test results.
- Documentation, certification and reporting.
- Practice on typical exam questions.
Duration: 6 days, plus a 2 hour on-line examination and a 4 hour practical assessment.
Cost: £995 + vat
Dates: First course starting May 2020