To give an introduction to and awareness of PUWER. The Legislative Requirements, Personal Responsibilities and Safe Procedures for Risk Assessing, working with and maintaining Safety with Work Equipment.
PUWER, Course Content:
Specifically, the delegates will cover:
- Health & Safety Law & Legislation relating to Work Equipment;
- What is ‘Work Equipment’;
- The ‘PROVISION’ of Work Equipment;
- The ‘USE’ of Work Equipment;
- Training and Competences;
- Maintenance of Work Equipment (Hired or Owned);
- Hazards and Risks with Work Equipment (Risk Assessment);
- Guarding of “Dangerous Parts”;
- Mobile Plant (Driver Visibility and R.O.P.S;
- Inspection of Work Equipment (Record Keeping Requirements).
Presentation will involve full candidate participation, with opportunity to discuss practical problems encountered with Work Equipment.
At the end of the session, candidates will be more aware of the Hazards and Risks involved with Work Equipment and the Legal Requirements/Best Practice.
Duration: Half day.
Cost: £350 + vat.
Venue: New Horizons House, New Bridge Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 4LT. Or Customer Site.
Delegates: Maximum of 10.