Portable Appliance Testing Synopsis
City & Guilds Qualification (2377)
To develop an understanding of the legal requirements for portable appliance testing. To use various methods of performing and recording the results of these tests.
Specifically, the delegates will on completion of the course:
- Understand the legal requirements for maintenance of Electrical equipment;
- Be able, through inspection, to identify the different types, construction and classification of Electrical equipment;
- Be able, through inspection, to identify the suitability of Electrical equipment for use;
- Have underpinning knowledge and understanding of the ‘in-service’ tests carried out on different types and classes of equipment;
- Be able to carry out practical in-service inspection and testing on items of Electrical equipment;
- Be able to complete inspection and test records;
- To be able to select suitable frequencies of maintenance;
- Have knowledge of the various recording documents used in the inspection and testing of Electrical equipment and know the requirements for record keeping and training of personnel.
Lecture/discussion and ‘hands on’ practice using various instruments.
On completion of the course the candidate will sit a 60 question, 1 & ¾ hour City & Guilds 2377-22 examination. They will also be assessed for practical competence.
Duration: 3 days.
Cost: £2100 + vat per group.
Venue: New Horizons House, New Bridge Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 4LT.
Delegates: Maximum of 6.
Open courses are also available, please call for scheduled dates and cost.*
Next Available Date: 23rd, 24th & 25th October 2017