Electricity at Work Regulations Synopsis
To develop an understanding of the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
Specifically, the delegate will:
· Be made aware of the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and in particular the responsibilities of employer and the individual in enabling compliance
· Be made aware of the guidance on the Regulations available through the various channels within the Health and Safety Executive
· Be made aware of the need for clear written procedures to enable compliance with the Regulations
· Be made aware of the principles and procedures governing the registration, inspection and maintenance of Electrical equipment
· Understand the requirements relating to the effective isolation of Electrical equipment
· Understand the principles and procedures governing work on, or near, exposed live Electrical conductors
· Be made aware of the requirements, for the safe and effective use of Electrical test equipment
Lecture, case studies based upon real life plant incidents, video case studies and demonstrations.
Duration: Half day
Cost: £350 + vat per group
Delegates: Maximum of 10
Venue: New Horizons House, New Bridge Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 4LT or Customer Site